OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
Ever thought about exploring the oceans of the world, maybe you have a special interest in the water or just want to enjoy the life and wonders that is the underwater world. Then we at Snorkel Safari would love to share this amazing world with you in a fun and safe course that can be for the whole family! Wether you want to find new and exotic animals, explore the shipwrecks of the world or just relax and enjoy a new activity while making new friends. Scuba diving is for you!
We at Snorkel Safari pride ourselves in the quality of our training. So this is what you will receive, quality, professional training that is catered to suit your individual needs. With our professional and highly trained staff, our NEW and quality training equipment, purpose built classroom and our ‘SSI Diver Diamond’ award winning store we will provide a professional course so you will be comfortable to continue with your diving adventures anywhere in the world. And once you have your SSI Open Water Certification you have it for life
Your life long adventure starts today! Jump on line with our free on-line training system and you can get the theoretical diving knowledge covered in the comfort of your own home. Just click on the link on this page!
With over 50+ years teaching experience within our team we have developed a course structure to help you develop as a diver at your own pace, we do not rush you and if you need more time in the water after your course we will provide this at no extra cost to you.
Our class sizes are limited to 4 people per Instructor with an extra two with an Assistant ( max 6 per course) to make sure everyone gets the benefit of a more personal experience and a higher quality level of training with more one on one time with the instructor.
SSI’s education programs are based around the diver diamond, by getting the correct Knowledge, comfortable proper fitting Equipment, being taught the important Skills you use during diving, and gaining the Experience in a controlled environment all comes together to make you a confident and comfortable Diver.
THEORY 9 am at the shop. Today you will meet your Instructor and have a short orientation and briefing on what’s going to be happening over the next 3 days. Then we will spend the rest of the morning reviewing what you have learnt online.
After lunch you will be heading to the pool were you get to experience the thrill of breathing underwater for the first time. You will spend the rest of the day in controlled conditions of the pool gradually learning the new skills, become familiar with the equipment used on an actual open water dive till your completely comfortable before heading out to the open water at Cook Island!!
Day 2 & 3
7:45 am start Over day 2 & 3 you will complete 4 open water dives out at Cook Island. Your 4 dives will be spent getting you comfortable in the underwater environment and perfecting your skills and procedures in the open water that you learnt in the pool, plus exploring the amazing underwater world so that by the end of this course you will leave as a confident, comfortable DIVER.
Congratulations you are now an SSI Open Water Diver
- SSI Open Water Diver pack with your manual a DVD to watch, logbook and dive tables
- The use of the latest and best scuba equipment
- All training and certification costs
- 4 boat dives
- An Internationally recognised Open Water certification
- Complete a satisfactory medical questionnaire (note if you are over 45, have a pre-existing medical condition, or if your instructor feels it necessary you will be asked to complete a full dive medical with a qualified doctor).
- You need to be able to swim 200 meters at your own pace and demonstrate basic skills in the water
- Minimum age is 12 years (recommended that a parent take the course as well for kids 12 – 14)
- Online study must be completed prior to commencement of the course
- For your own comfort and hygiene we recommend that you own your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins that are suitable for our local diving conditions. Please consult with the store regarding the requirements; a discount on all purchases is available for the course.
OPEN WATER COURSE $495
(EVERYTHING INCLUDED NO EXTRA COSTS)